Monday 1 November 2010

Peel Coat of Arms



Line Art Version 1

Version 2

Version 3
Finally the Master Sports Motor Spares is going to get a saddle. Deep purple embossed with some gold details. The design will be a variation on the Peel family coat of arms. The first image is taken from a statue of Sir Robert Peel in London. It's a little bit fiddly for me to achieve this kind of detail in the leather whilst still maintaining an acceptable level of durability in the saddle. So I've adapted the design a little to reduce the detail and fit nicely with the shape of the saddle, which incidentally is a Selle San Marco Concor Light. I will most likely go for version 2, it doesn't include all three 'quivers' of arrows but I like the fact that it includes the hand symbol. The whole thing kind of suits Busyman too in that there's a bumble bee (busy), a hand (hand crafted) and the word 'industria' which I thnk translates as 'industry' but I like to think of it as 'industrious'.

Finished saddle soon I hope, then I'll be taking those wodden rims for their first spin.